Thursday, April 2, 2015

First things first

I wish I could tell you that the first thing on the to do list was something cool, like ripping up carpet and refinishing the wood floors. Sadly, the discovery of a black widow in the stairwell to the basement has me all creeped out, so we're having an exterminator do a walk through of the house next this coming Wednesday to give us some options and quotes. At least I'll have peace of mind about letting the boys/dog play in the basement. YUCK.

I stopped by the house and turned on the water yesterday (apparently the valve us inside--strange, but handy!) It drips a little, but thankfully that is a quick, inexpensive fix. Luckily there is a shut-off valve above it, so we won't flood the basement in the meantime.

Other bad news: apparently the 1/4 tank of oil foe the furnace that the previous owners did not get done, or got used. We have an alternate option to paying to upgrade to natural gas or paying an exorbitant amount to have the tank filled. Details on that later!

Reading through Pinterest is both fun AND annoying. I keep seeing all these awesome things I want to do someday. Like this linen closet makeover. Adding/converting cabinets above the laundry area like this. Upgrading window trim, because ours is non-existent. Adding some wall interest in the dining room, because THIS is just lovely. And subway tile in the kitchen (because I'm obsessed with subway tile in the kitchen.)

You can see all my home obsessions (and more) on my Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment