Monday, April 13, 2015

Slow and steady and frustrating!

I really wish I had more days in the week! I love working on my house. It takes FOREVER to accomplish anything! Kitchen is a strong "in progress." The tiny pantry thing is down and out, as is the cabinet above where the fridge goes. The corner cabinet (left of the sink) is also down.  The entire bulkhead is down, as are the lights. The last two cabinets will require assistance from someone stronger and more experienced than I am as it is a huge unit. Hopefully Joey will have that done this weekend! The plan is to do something similar to this by way of cabinets. I'm very much looking forward to the end product!
We did a bit of priming in the kitchen, too. The boys really wanted to help (oh, boy.) Good thing the plan is to remove the trim and carpet! I'll go over the area they "painted" and smooth it out. Hopefully.
Joey attacked the bedroom with a product that is supposed to assist in tearing wallpaper. His first attempt wasn't very successful, but we think it's because he didn't saturate it enough. It has a pleasant smell to it, thankfully! We're going back today to do some more painting, this time with a sprayer. Hopefully we'll get some more done tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment