Wednesday, April 15, 2015

No more red room!

Monday night was spent on an experiment: we (and by we I mean Joey) de-wallpapered one wall and primed 2 more walls with Killz, using a paint sprayer. The wallpaper was not coming off easily but is now 90% removed from that wall. The Killz covered up the other two walls beautifully. Last night I went back and painted the two primed walls and the third unprimed, wallpapered wall with Valspar's Feathers of a Dove in satin. It covered beautifully with just one coat, even the awful red wallpaper! I'm very pleased with the outcome and am regretting thinking we needed to remove the paper in the first place. Shaena and I both had the idea to put board up on the wall that had the wallpaper removed. I'm toying with that idea. I was already thinking of doing something like this behind bed! Realistically the only things of immediate concern left to do in that bedroom is fill in the spaces where I couldn't get the roller to go (corners and edges), strip and refinish the floor, and put the door frame back on. Oh, and clean up the mess we made!

No comments:

Post a Comment